It all started crashing down about two weeks ago....... It started with the SWAT team at my house-
It was quite the site- The MPs called and said my front door was wide open and so was a neighbor's door across the street- I was ordered to come home ASAP.
There was no sign of a burglary, I'm pretty sure it was the little kid across the street(who is on the autism spectrum and likes to play Houdini tricks-just like Eli:) Nonetheless, they still had to check the crawlspace which gave me PTSD for a few days..... Every time I got into the Roadmaster, I got out and checked the back to makes sure there wasn't a creeper hiding under Grandpa's Shrum's Army blanket.
Two days later, Eli got off the bus with a big red ear and said, "My ear hurts!" Thank goodness Amber(ABA therapist) was there and offered to go to the ER with us(Lyster(the Army hospital) NEVER has any appointments available!) .
The good news is- This was the FIRST time ever that Eli was able to tell me his ear hurts AND he was ROCK STAR at the ER. ( I know he looks like Adam crying into his arm here, but he wasn't- he was soooooo good and did everything the nurse asked him to!)
Eli, sure enough, had an ear infection, and the following Monday, I had a sore throat and fluid in MY ears and had to go to the doctor!! ( Sorry, no photo to prove I was a good girl.)
No kidding, the next week, the nurse calls and says..... "You're not going to want to hear this, but Eli has LICE!"
I treated everyone and all was well until Sunday, at James' First Communion, and I see Eli itching his head again..... OH NO.
First he looked like he needed some striped pajamas, and then my neighbor saw me crying in my beer at the park around 1:00 and offered to fix his hair for me........
When I emailed this photo to Flyboy, he emailed this back-
This week the nurse called and said, "It's just not your month, James has a 101 fever. Come and get him and he can't come back for 24 hours."
Today, Eli is home with a fever.
And you wonder why they call me Crazy Carmella.......
I think you have earned a trip to Colorado when Patrick brings Thomas Patrick. Devon is Damn lucky to have you on the homefront. Hang in there. It is almost over. (and I never thought one of my daughters could ever top my stories of chilrearing)
3 comments:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
My fav is you crying in your beer at the park
Bahaha
Want to come save you.right.now.
Mama bear needs a BREAK!!
I think you have earned a trip to Colorado when Patrick brings Thomas Patrick. Devon is Damn lucky to have you on the homefront. Hang in there. It is almost over. (and I never thought one of my daughters could ever top my stories of chilrearing)
oh girl! deployment just sucks all around.
Post a Comment